I'm passionate about building high-performance engineering teams and scalable software.
On this site I post my thoughts, findings, and opinions on all things related to software engineering; from building high-performance engineering teams and achieving ultimate alignment across tech organisations, to software architecture notes.
- ⚡️ Leading Brilliant Consulting - A globally distributed software consultancy focused on helping companies reduce risk when delivering their software to end-users, by building high-performance teams that ensure seamless alignment.
- 🎬 Recording videos - Watch my YouTube channel where I share my experiences about building high-performance teams, and the processes of creating software.
- 🗺 Building Tech Atlas - A coaching tool that guides and supports engineering leaders, allowing them to discover techniques and practices used by high-performance teams around the world. I help them build up alignment within the team and de-risk software development.
- 🚀 Exploring ALTO - A product that helps engineering leaders improve software development processes by running remote-first engineering teams with timely, contextual and actionable insights.
In the past
Over 15 years of experience delivering successful software projects and working with globally distributed teams to achieve results faster. Including, but not limited to::
- 💰 Chief Architect in developing and delivering a new platform and MVP for an e-commerce company with $300m+ in annual reported revenue.
- ⚙️ Modernised 20-year-old travel platform in record time to support growing needs. Taking it from Java monolith to modern experience with React and GRPC microservices on a backend to increase the speed of delivery and reliability.
- 👜 Lead the architecture group that consistently delivered on time and on-budget for an e-commerce start-up that pioneered the concept of ‘flash sales’, and was subsequently acquired by Groupon.